Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Proposal...

We thought we should write out the story of the proposal for us to have and for everyone to read, so we decided to start our own blog. I don't know how much we will really post on here, but we will try to keep it updated. Here is the proposal story. It happened on March 26, 2010...

A few weeks before he told me something was wrong with his brothers passport and because they were going on a cruise to Mexico soon it needed to be fixed. He said that the only way to fix it was for him to go to California to The Embassy. He then asked me if I would go with him, I told him there was no way my parents were going to let me go on a trip with just him. He worked it out with my parents and made the trip only one day. He asked me again to go with him. He would say "Are you sure you want to come? Its going to be really boring and i'm going to be way stressed." My mom "Are you sure you want to go with him? Its going to be really boring." But of course I wanted to go! He had everyone in on it. My dad acted like he didn't even know I was going to cali until the night before. His mom also thanked me for going cause she couldn't get work off to go with him. Man! I was falling for everyones lies! Ha ha anyway, the day came. We drove to the airport and of course had to go through security. Sam was very worried about security because he had my ring in his backpack and didn't want me to see it. So he says to me "Me and my family usually race through security to see who gets done first" Me "I don't want to race" Sam "Lets race!" Me "I don't want to race, Sam." Anyway...you get it. We did end up racing and I won. ;) All the way up to the airport he kept telling me how hungry he was, so once we got through security we got food and he barely touched his. He couldn't eat anything pretty much that whole day. Our flight left at 8:35 am. We got there around 9:40. We found a taxi, got in the car, the driver says "Where do you want to go?" Sam "Take us to Disneyland!". My heart dropped! I was so surprised and excited! I mean I had dreamed we would go there and this would all happen, but never thought it really would. We got to Disneyland and of course there is security again...So Sam says "Lets race again." Amy "Ugh, fine." (He was so worried about that ring. He wouldn't let go of his backpack for a second and that is not like Sam at all!) Anyway, we raced and got through the lines into the park. He told me we could do whatever I wanted. At this point I was thinking there was no way it was going to happen. We were just going to have a fun day together. So we went on Pirates of the Carribean, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Space Mountain. Then we went to lunch at the most amazing place called Cafe Orleans. Its my favorite there. I pretty much finished my HUGE lunch and Sam hardly touched his. I felt like a huge pig. He was acting really weird at this point. We got done eating and he said his dad's work buddy was over by the castle and wanted to meet me. We headed over to the castle and he didn't see his friend. We decided we needed to take some pictures in front of the castle, of course! He took my camera and said "lets ask this guy" Who was actually his dad's work buddy, but I had no clue. We went up onto the bridge in front of the castle and posed for some pictures that the "random guy" was taking. Then Sam says "I need to take my backpack off". Next thing I know he is down on one knee with a ring in his hand!!!! I can't tell you how long i've wanted to be proposed to at Disneyland in front of the castle. It was crazy that he actually did it! Back to the story, he said "Will you marry me?" (he hates when I tell people this, but he had a hard time saying it. He was way nervous!) I said YES!!! (Of course!) He handed me the box with the ring in it. He didn't even put it on my finger. He was just glad to have it over with. I wanted it on my finger so I took it out of the box and put it on and a random lady walking by says "Your supposed to put it on her finger" It was awesome. So I took it off and gave it to him and then he put it on my finger! While all of this was happening a crowd appeared out of no where, well not no where cause it IS Disneyland, but we had an audience and they all started whistling, clapping, cheering, yelling, and everything else! It was so fun!! His dad's friend Terry took lots of pictures, his wife filmed it, and their son took more pictures. I love that that moment was captured so well, although Sam has seen the video and I have not. Its ok! :) So we were officially engaged and decided to celebrate we would go on the best ride in the park...SPLASH MOUNTAIN!! My favorite! While waiting in line for about 40 min we were texting or calling everyone and telling them. I'm pretty sure the people in front of us heard the whole story about 7 or more times. Ha ha we went on the ride and Sam got soaked, but he didn't mind because its the best ride ever! After that we had to head back to the airport and catch our flight and this time we didn't have to race through security. :) We got back to Salt Lake to find that his car had been towed. What a great end to a perfect day!! Something bad had to happen the day was just going to perfect. It was ok though. We were just way too happy to let it get to us. So that is the story for all who wanted to hear about it. It was the most perfect day ever!! I love Sam and cannot wait to marry him!! We will be getting married July 23 in the Salt Lake Temple!! We have lots of planning to do. :) I can't wait! Thanks to everyone who helped Sam propose at Disneyland! It was amazing and not to be too cheesy, but a dream come true.

7 comments:

  1. awww... precious!! I'm so happy for you!! I am glad it all worked out! Thanks for sharing the story I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it...every girl's dream come true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG he is definitely a keeper, what a thoughtful and romantic guy, well you are such an amazing girl, you guys deserved each other. love the story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!! CONGRATS AMY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and so perfect for you. I didn't know about the car being towed! ha ha. That's something to remember too. Only 8 more weeks right?

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete